Resident Permit Types and Criteria in Turkey
According to the Foreigners and International Protection Law No. 6458., there are six types of residence permits
- Short Term Residence Permit
- Family Residence Permit
- Student Residence Permit
- Long Term Residence Permit
- Humanitarian Residence Permit
- Residence Permit for the Victims of Human Trafficking
Please note that different types of residence permits in different categories are subject to different terms and conditions and different requirements. The residence permit application might be rejected in the light of incomplete documents and statements, and in order to be able to apply to some types of residence permits, the applicant is required to have entered the country with the appropriate visa. All information on this page is for informational purposes only. Even though maximum care has been taken in terms of actuality and correctness, no guarantee has been given in this respect. The most up-to-date information on the subject can be obtained from the closest Provincial Directorate of Immigration or goc.gov.tr website.
For all residence permit applications, following documents should be provided :
- Photo; taken in last 6 months (frontal, barefaced, so that foreigners can easily identify) the font should be white and biometric.
- In case the passport is not written in Latin letters, an approved translation by a sworn translator or official authority is also added to the application.
- If there is no first and surname distinction on passport, you will be required to submit a document showing your clear identity information from your own country representatives
- Birth certificate may be requested for foreign child
- If you are covered by government agencies during your residence permit, you will be required to provide documentation showing the costs of your pension, residence and health.
- If the person is under 18 years of age; the mother or father of the applicant or his / her legal representative in the country shall be required to submit the recognisance and recognisance to be given by real or legal entity in Turkey to the administrative authority.
You may interested : Long Term Residence Permit