Turkey has recently succeeded in being among the most preferred countries for university education with its geopolitical position that serves as a bridge between three continents, its high education quality and the advantage of an internationally recognized diploma. With the increasing demand, especially from the Gulf and Central Asian countries, thousands of students prefer Turkish universities every year. As of 2021, there are more than 200 state and foundation universities in 81 provinces of Turkey. There are hundreds of different undergraduate programs in these universities, and the diplomas awarded at the end of the program have international validity all over the world. Foreign students without examination are accepted at approximately 70 universities in Turkey, including Kocaeli University, Karabük University, Boğaziçi University, TOBB Economy and Technology University, TED University, Yaşar University, Atılım University and Amasya University. In addition, most universities accept foreign students without examination in some departments, and we would like to remind you that you can get the most accurate and up-to-date information from the official websites of the universities to which you will apply. There are many universities in Turkey that accept foreign students without examination, and we will briefly talk about these universities in this article.
Who Can Apply for Universities in Turkey?
As a general rule in Turkey, universities accept foreign students with the YÖS exam. However, some universities accept students to undergraduate programs with a high school diploma score without the YÖS exam, and we would like to remind you that this is entirely at the initiative of the universities. In addition, applications are accepted without examination for programs belonging to universities that accept students with YÖS and if there are free quotas. In order to be able to apply for undergraduate education without examination as a foreigner in Turkey, you must meet one of the following conditions:
- Persons who are completely foreign nationals,
- Those who are Turkish citizens by birth and have renounced the citizenship of the Republic of Turkey by obtaining permission from the Ministry of Interior.
- Those who later became Turkish citizens,
- Those who have completed their high school education in Turkey and are citizens of foreign countries,
- Having Turkish citizenship and having high school education abroad
- KKTC students who have GCE AL exam results
First of all, let us remind you that you can follow the quotas and conditions for foreign students on the official websites of the universities to which you will apply. You can find the basic documents required for university application without examination in Turkey as a list below. However, we would like to remind you that you can request additional documents from universities, and that you must provide these documents in a notarized form.
- High School Diploma original and notarized translation
- High School Transcript and notarized translation
- Copy of passport and notarized translation
- Equivalency certificate (to be obtained from the Turkish Embassies in their countries or from the National Education Directorates in Turkey)
- Biometric photo
If you have any questions about universities without exams in Turkey for foreigners, you can let us know in the comments section.